Where is Lake Ontario?
Lake Ontario, the 14th largest lake in the world, it is considered the smallest among the Great Lakes in surface area.
It ranks fourth among the Great Lakes in maximum depth. Lake Ontario lies 325 ft (99 m) below Lake Erie, at the base of Niagara Falls.
Toronto is a world-class urban center and with a population of four million out of the eleven million people of Ontario. The city has a remarkable zoo, unique neighborhoods and a fabulous theater. Lake Ontario Harbourfront is a booming district of working marinas, restaurants, and shops. It’s a good place to hop a ferry for travel to the Toronto Islands—and for stunning views of the towering downtown the skyline.
What are its features?
Toronto Island Cruise features a chain of small islands located just off the Toronto harbor, a very popular recreational destination for weekend boaters. The outermost Island, largest, usually known as the Centre Island, is new moon-shaped forming the shoreline of Lake Ontario. Enjoy breathtaking country sceneries minutes from downtown Toronto by a boat cruise around the lake.
What are the types of available cruises?
Also, there are Toronto Wedding Cruises
as well as wedding rehearsal cruises
. A wedding day sailing through the Toronto Islands is surely marvelous with the amazing scenery all around. A perfect place for taking wedding photos that will last forever as a good memory. The Toronto City Skyline from Lake Ontario
is always a great view and a perfect way to end your wedding cruise. Moreover, you can find private cruises for lunch, afternoons, and Dinner Cruises. What is more, you can enjoy a corporate cruise with your colleagues and bosses, and have good time with each other, enjoy delicious BBQ dinner, dancing, music and a cash bar.
Whether it's Ontario Place Fireworks
or the Toronto Exhibition Firework,
there is no better view in town than one of a few Toronto Fireworks Cruises
to feel the heat; it is the only way to get a fabulous unobstructed view of Ontario Place Fireworks in Toronto. It will take your breath away. Away from the spectacular Fireworks, the harbor and Lake Ontario, you can enjoy one of the many Sunsets this magnificent city has to offer.
Taking a cruise around Ontario Lake is your way to enjoy Toronto City Skyline, the Toronto Islands and the sunset.
Things to do at Lake Ontario
- Boating and Fishing: Fuel boats are available at Lake Ontario and also, the fuel to fill in is available at White Lake Village General Store and at the lakeside resorts. It is recommended to bring in your Boasters Card if you want to hire a boat. You can avail the boat without the card; however it is upon the discretion of the resort owner who owns the boat. You can enjoy fishing with the bait and tackle section available there to help you with all your fishing needs.
- Swimming: If you really want to swim and have fun then you might need to take 5 minutes from Lake Ontario and reach Madawaska River.
- Bike & Canoe Routes: The White Lake region offers excellent biking experiences, especially for the fresher’s or beginners. The local bike trips available are: Waba Museum & Garden Loops -1, Waba Museum & Garden Loops -2 and Springtown Out and Back. You can also, enjoy the Canoe and Kayak trip by having a look at the map and then, decide where you like to go paddling. You can probably, park and from the White Lake Village Beach for free or any of the resorts nearby to the lake. If you want to rent a canoe, kayak or any other gear to enjoy the outdoor activities, go to the favorite source or bring it on our own, better check at any of the resorts present nearby the White Lake.
- Walking Trails: There is an 11 km trail which starts from the town Calabogie and follows the abandoned K&P railroad across Madawaska River.
- Local Waterfalls: The waterfall on the Bonnechere River in downtown Renfrew is an awesome sight in the heart of the town. It is just 300m walk to view the chutes.
- Golf: If you are a golf lover than take your car and drive around 6 km to reach Mountain Creek Golf Course. The course offers superb playing conditions and excellent green grass around. The Championship has around 18 holes and each hole is distinctive and interesting providing fun and enjoyment for players of all levels.
- Water Ski and Wakeboarding: You can have fun and enjoy the adventurous activities by getting to the Sea Doo rentals.
8 Popular Places in Washington DC